ABOUT SMART TRANSIT
We are Smart Transit (NG), a team committed to improving Africa's transport infrastructure through a data-driven Integrated Transport System. We provide Government with transport data and insightful analytics towards enriching policy direction for a sustainable infrastructural development and to Commuters, we provide real-time information on travel modes, routes, times and fares via web & mobile application towards improving commuter travel experience.
Who are WE?
We are committed to improving Africa's transport infrastructure through a data-driven Integrated Transport System. Ably founded by a team of Three (3) Female and Three (3) Male with a diverse rage of experience and skills set ranging from software development, Business Admin, Law and Government Regulations, we are poised to offer world class innovative solutions aimed at catalysing Africa's transportation infrastructural development.
We understand from research [Technical Working Group on Transport (TWG)] that transport is inextricably linked to socio-economic development. Further, investing in efficient and clean transport infrastructure and services (passenger and freight) is key to achieving sustainable economic growth, improving access to services and markets, and enhancing social well-being of communities, building productive capacity, as well as promoting trade and regional and global integration.
However, adequate transport is unavailable for the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. Even though global transport investments are estimated at between US$1-$2 trillion per year, less than 40 percent is in developing countries, home to more than 80 percent of the world’s population. [World Bank (2015)]
- Average waiting period per day 35 minutes. Yearly, 9 days, 3 hours.
- 30% of household income in developing counties is spent on transport due to the inefficient transport system
- Annually, an estimated 1.24 million people are killed in road traffic accidents. For every fatality, 10 people are seriously injured. 92% occur in low- and middle- income countries
- Outdoor air pollution causes the premature deaths of an estimated 3.7 million people – close to 90% in developing countries largely due to the dilapidated transport infrastructure
Therefore, we at Smart Transit (NG), are committed to improving Africa's transport infrastructure through a data-driven Integrated Transport System collating and disseminating transport related data via a mobile and web application.
Our Web & Mobile App
- Bus Schedule - User can access bus schedule, time, distance from next bus stop, confirm available seats
- Buy Ticket - User can buy ticket on their phone
- Plan Trip - Users can plan their trip via a search and our system will recommend suitable buses with arrival times
To Governments, we:
- provide transport data and insightful analytics towards enriching policy direction
- aid future Transport Infrastructural Development (Planning and Design) through a dynamic data-driven research collated via our Smart Transit Dashboard
- foster industrialization and economic growth via an efficient integrated transport system accessible via our mobile and web applications
- improve mobility and productivity by aiding the Government’s efforts aimed at efficiently allocating transportation assets
- contribute to the reduction of C02 emissions through the efficient deployment of commuter buses, achievable via our Smart Transit Dashboard
- foster an improved transport system through an effective and efficient routine performance assessment based on collated data gathered via our platform
- champion inclusiveness and inter-border corporation through the Integration of other travel modes
- stimulate economic growth through an increased patronage of the commuter buses via the effective deployment of assets
- provide real-time information on travel modes, routes, times and fares via web & mobile application towards improving travel experience
- improve individual productivity via the effective allocation of time
- enhance individual wellbeing through minimal exposure to hazardous climatic conditions and C02 emissions during routine travels particularly at bus shelters
- reduce hunger and poverty through the effective expenditure of scare resources achievable via our m-Ticketing Solution: an innovative solution aimed at streamlining payment of transport fares
Why is this important?
- We understand that African challenges require African solutions. Hence, we are committed to securing Africa’s future through our innovative solution aimed at developing our transportation infrastructure and enriching the lives of citizens.
With your help, we will be able to improve the quality of lives of the millions of people particularly living below poverty lines, stimulate economic growth, improve accessibility critical social amenities (health, education etc.) and infrastructure while ensuring inclusiveness and social equality, enhance Transport Planning and Design and maximize benefits of improved mobility and inclusive growth for all.
- Hey, we have some fab rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give.
the team at work
Smart Transit Team - Winner UN-Influx, Lagos Hackaton
Smart Transit Team - Day 2, UN-Influx, Lagos Hackaton
Smart Transit Team - Post Hackaton
Find us here
YouTube: Smart Transit NG
Follow us to find out how we're doing!